Monday, October 29, 2012

Black Star / Mos Def and Talib Kweli

I marked another item off of my bucket list Saturday night. I saw Black Star perform in Atlantic City at the House of Blues. Black Star is comprised of Mos Def and Talib Kweli. Both of which are lyrical geniuses. Atlantic City actually started evacuating while I was there so the show was very intimate. Wasnt crowded at all and I got to be very close to the stage.

Neither artist has aged a day in 10 years and their show wasnt lacking at all for a couple of middle aged guys. I would rate the show right up there with Wu Tang who I saw when I was 15. They had tons of energy through the entire show and even their dj was amazing. Mos danced the whole show like a crazy person and they smiled and joked with one another. The chemistry they have is amazing. A crowd favorite of course was when they did Talibs "Get By." My favorite was when they did a track over Slick Ricks bed time story song. It was sooooo hot. Knock 'em out the park Mos , knock 'em out the park. Talib danced and mimicked swinging a bat during that segment.


PICS!!!!!








1 comment:

  1. Not many people know who Black Star are and they rarely tour. This tour only had two dates. One in AC and one in LA.

    ReplyDelete