Monday, October 8, 2012

Nicki Minaj fights Mariah Carey

Well everyone knows what American Idol is. As wack as the concept may seem, I have enjoyed a few seasons of the show myself. Im always looking for new talent and I enjoy the fact that after the performances if you like the contestants version of a song you can purchase it on tunes. So far the only two purchases I have made was of Ruben Studdards "Tears of a clown" and Haley Reinharts "House of the Rising Sun" . One was from like 2004 and the other was from the year before last. Needless to say Im picky. Anyhow this year the judges of Idol are changing. For the last two years it has been Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, and Randy Jackson. Lopez I could do without but Steven Tyler was amusing. This year those two have both moved on and now there will be four judges. Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban, and of course Randy.

I know a lot of people hate on Mariah Carey but at the end of the day no one in the world can sing more octaves than her. Thats in the guiness book of world records so check it out. If you dont know what octaves are then you dont know as much about music as you think and you need to see Google about that. Her opinion shall be respected by me. It is a singing contest after all.

Now as for Ms. Minaj, I do like some of her music but she is terribly inconsistent. She is gangster one minute and barbie the next. Personally I prefer the gangster Nicki. I guess her multiple personalities is part of her appeal to the masses though. Now for her being a judge on Idol I dont know about that. I dont feel like she has been in the game long enough, also it is not a rapping competition it is a singing competition.....She was brought in only to bring the attention of a younger audience but I think they will probably lose out on the older audiences that religiously watch the program.

Keith Urban is country and they do need a country judge so Im cool with that. The thing that is the big deal is that there is apparently this ongoing beef between Minaj and Mariah. It was a rumor until today when a video came out of the two in a heated argument. Minaj is shown screaming in the video "I told them I wasnt dealing with your fucking highness over here" as she then looks at Carey. Mariah is shown saying something back but you cant tell what she is saying. Poor Keith Urban has thrown up his hands and is sitting there looking perplexed while Randy Jackson tries to break it up. Noone knows who released the video and no one is commenting on it. Im gonna have to go team Mariah on this one just for the simple fact that Minaj shouldnt be there in the first place. Thats not her fault though she is just collecting a check.

No comments:

Post a Comment