Saturday, September 1, 2012

Rock The Bells

For those of you who dont know Rock the Bells started today in New Jersey. Im super dissappointed that I am not attending that this year. Rock the Bells is a festival that legendary hip hop artist come and perform their classics. I have already seen a few of the artist that are slated to attend live so I know it will be an outstanding show. I saw Wutang when I was 15. I had lied to my father and told him I was going on a school trip to the washington zoo over Easter and really my boyfriend and I went to Norfolk and saw Wutang at a small venue called the boathouse. Each member came out and did their solo hits for about 30 minutes and then the last hour of the show all of them were on stage together. This was before ODB passed away, however he was incarcerated at the time so he was not present. Wutang started a chant and entire audience participated "FREE ODB" FREE ODB". This is when I became hooked on concerts.
J. Cole will also be at Rock the Bells. He will actually go on tomorrow. I saw him live just this past spring at UMES Homecoming. UMES is a local college that hosts a concert every year for their homecoming celebrations. This year they had Travis Porter, Miguel and J. Cole. He was very interactive with the audience. He told stories of being a broke college student before he made it big. This guy is incredible and an intellect which may come as a surprise to some haters. lol. I would recommend strongly that everyone attend Rock the Bells at least once in their lives. Ill be there next year.

2 comments:

  1. I love rock the bells. I have been the past 5 years. This year I chose not to go because they turned it into a 2 day festival it was pricey and they had a pretty mediocre east coast line up. It showed because they struggled to sell tickets. On the west coast they had such acts as hieroglyphics and atmosphere. If those groups came to the east coast I would have gone. They do have great acts such as Murs eligh deltron 3030 and wu tang and nas but I have seen most of those acts numerous times.if u have never been to rtb I highly suggest going. It is a great festival with classic artists

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most festivals are one to two days. Thats what I am used to but yes it can be pricey. Ive been to HFStival, bamboozle, and new this year was firefly. All are incredible but I would have to say the discontinued HFStival was the best. Went to that several times and I was never let down.

      Delete