Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tom Petty on Itunes

It was brought to my attention today that Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers have their greatest hits album on itunes for $7.99. You are probably laughing and can only think of one or 2 songs by Tom Petty that would be on there, but actually there are quite a few songs you hear on the radio by them and dont even know its them. Im talking about classics. High quality classic songs. The kind of song writing that is seldomly found any more. There are 18 songs on the album. 8 bucks for 18 songs is not a bad deal.
Below is the track list with a smiley face next to some of my favorites. Tom Petty songs are mood changers. Songs you can listen to when you are down and they will give you inspiration or make you feel "free" from whatever binds you.

1. American Girl :)
2. Breakdown
3. Listen to her heart
4. I need to know
5. Refugee
6. Dont do me like that :)
7. Even the losers
8. Here comes my girl :)
9. The waiting
10. You got lucky
11. Dont come around here no more :) :)
12. I wont back down
13. Running down a dream
14. Free Fallin' :) :)
15. Learning to Fly
16. Into the great wide open
17. Mary Janes last dance :) :)
18. Something in the air


The songs that I double smilied (yes I invented that word) are must hears. These are songs that even if you dont buy the album you need to go listen to immediately. I mean really listen to, pay attention and get lost in. Those three songs are worth 8 dollars by themselves. You are welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Using the new smiley system (each smiley is worth a dollar and no one song can get more than 2 smileys) This album is actually worth 9 dollars. Its a steal at 8.

    ReplyDelete